Making use of the third-gen interconnect technology, Thunderbolt 3 interface adapter, initially named light peak, is a clear improvement over the previous Thunderbolt 1 and Thunderbolt 2 cables by a huge margin. Thus, quite clearly, thunderbolt 3 cable is compatible with most devices. As long as you’re not conned with a duplicate device, thunderbolt 3 adapter will give you an experience like never before.
5 Benefits of Thunderbolt 3 That Will Stun You
When talking about a high-speed data transfer interface, it is quite mandatory to make a mention of the Thunderbolt 3 interface. It is nothing like anything you have had experienced about high-speed power and data transmission before. The 5 benefits given below will give you a fair idea about why is thunderbolt 3 so popular and useful.
- It Is Backward Compatible – When talking about Thunderbolt 3 adapters like the Thunderbolt 3 Dual DisplayPort Output Adapter, 4K@60Hz, it is a no-brainer that backward compatibility is the first thing to celebrate. This adapter is fully compatible with all older USB ports, including the most sophisticated USB type C. The only requirement is that of a suitable adapter with 1 port that supports the Thunderbolt 3 interface and the other that supports the USB port you’re using.
- It Is Reversible – Other than being backward compatible, Thunderbolt 3 cables are also reversible. It means that the adapter is compatible with Apple devices from either side. As a result of which it is independent of orientation and offers super quick data transmission.
- It Has a High Bandwidth – With an operating bandwidth of 40 Gbit/s, the Thunderbolt 3 is 8 times faster than USB 3 that offers a data transfer speed of 5 Gb/s. Also, with a data transfer speed of 40 Gb/s, Thunderbolt 3 is twice faster than Thunderbolt 2 (20 Gb/s and 4 times faster than Thunderbolt 1 (10 Gb/s).
- It Delivers High Power – When talking about power, Thunderbolt 3 delivers power as high as 100 watts. Thus, it offers super quick charging and can also transfer big files in high resolution between 2 apple devices within 120 seconds. In the case of data exchange between MacBook Pro and iPhone 7 plus, the figure is about 25 thousand pictures with a 12-megapixel high resolution exchanged within 120 seconds.
- It Offers High-Resolution Video Support – Thunderbolt 3 can support 2 5k monitors with a display of 5120 × 2880 HD video resolution. Thunderbolt 3 adapters are also compatible with older ports like the HDMI ports and VGA ports.